Haddow Group 10 Initiatives
Sustainability is a serious concern for any business, and the Haddow Group is no different. That is why we are committed to reducing the environmental footprint of our operations and have embraced 10 eco-conscious practices, striding towards a brighter future. The following 10 steps we have taken or are planning to take in our commitment to working more sustainably.
1. Harnessing Solar Power
We are turning our offices into a sustainable workplace and decided to invest in fitting solar panels on the roof by spring 2024. This forward-thinking decision reduces our reliance on traditional energy sources and contributes to a cleaner future. However, this is not the only measure the Haddow Group is taking to reduce its carbon footprint.
2. Recycling Efforts
Recycling is also part of Haddow Group’s mission to build a sustainable workplace. Our recycling policy extends beyond paper. It includes fabrics, batteries, plastics, and electronics. Actively recycling these materials promotes a greener workspace and encourages positive action towards a more sustainable workspace. Haddow Group’s success in this area can be attributed to our staff’s enthusiasm and pro-active attitude, and by encouraging all staff members to get involved in the sustainability effort.
3. Sustainable Packaging
The Haddow Group’s sustainability efforts are not limited to creating a greener workplace. All the plastic packaging we use now contains a minimum of 30% recycled polyester, and there are ongoing efforts to explore options for 100% recycled and biodegradable packaging. We explore sustainability across the entire product life-cycle; this holistic view helps position Haddow Group as an industry leader, continuously promoting innovation.
4. Eco-friendly Fabrics
Haddow Group’s industry-wide and global network support the current and historic background in responsible material sourcing, to manufacture our products. That is why 84% of the fabric used to manufacture our swimwear range consists of recycled polyester, with the remaining 16% being elastane for ladieswear and childrenswear. However, the menswear range elevates our game further; we make our range of swimwear from 100% recycled polyester. These choices reflect the Haddow Group’s commitment to sustainability and responsible material sourcing.
5. Sustainable Business Partnerships
Part of the Haddow Group’s business model involves maintaining strong relationships with factories in several different countries. As well as their manufacturing quality and reliability, as you might expect, the sustainability of these factories is one of the main criteria used by the Haddow Group when striking up a partnership, and we work with them to continually assess how they can minimise their impact on the environment and move towards a more sustainable manufacturing process.
6. Responsible Fabric Suppliers
As with our choice of factories, the Haddow Group carefully selects fabric suppliers that obtain yarns and fabrics from responsible sources. Various certifications, including WRAP, SEDEX, GOTS, BCI, OEKO-TEX, BSCI, ETI, and FSC highlight the company’s commitment to using and sourcing sustainable fabrics.
7. Minimizing Fabric Wastage
The Haddow Group’s internal design team are motivated to continue the reduction of fabric wastage. Our Designers focus on preventing excess materials from ending in landfill when developing family and accessory ranges, and thus we minimise the volume of waste produced in the manufacturing process.
8. Responsible Waste Management
Haddow Group is equally committed to responsible waste management. It extends to recycling and disposing of non-recyclable waste materials, such as machine oil, broken parts, and needles, and we are proud of these efforts as part of our holistic approach to sustainability.
9. Chemical-Free Production
To further support Haddow Group’s commitment to sustainability, we no longer use toxic dyes in the production processes. In addition to these efforts, the company is actively exploring ways to reduce water consumption during the dyeing process, further underscoring its commitment to eco-friendly practices.
10. Reducing Carbon Emissions
Haddow Group has implemented measures to reduce carbon emissions, including reducing the carbon footprint involved in getting the samples required for production orders.
The Road Ahead
Haddow Group’s sustainability journey does not stop here – this is just the beginning.
Haddow Group has bold and ambitious plans to continue this trajectory towards responsible sourcing, waste reduction, and eco-conscious production.